Copyright Infringment. It happened to me!

There are tons of people that work in Second Life. Some of them do pictures and some do other things.

I am one of them that do pictures. Within the past month one of the pictures I have edited completely minus the white background was taken and then edited again (adding a background).

Thinking I should be going "Oh thanks".. think again. If I would have been asked I would have thought it over.. but without asking me leads me to want it down and deleted ASAP.

To use this picture goes against United States Laws. Get the picture yet? No? Ok read on....

Folks that's Copyright Infringement. Look here:

"as of the copyright act of 1978, all artwork is automatically copyrighted to its created and you may use not only the "c" but the actual wording... date it...you don't actually even have to assert that you own it, but its safer to...the assertion, with the date, is admissible in court as evidence of ownership..... as in "see here- on august 6th we posted a pic of our logo with our copyright" Copied the other day from a friend who worked for a copyright attorney.

I gave this person 24 hours to remove it. Stated to her last night.

This does not go with the previous conversation I had with her about removing it the first time a month ago when I noticed it. She agreed and removed it.. but its back up.

So the clock is ticking...... Think it will be removed AGAIN? Think I might have to bring LL into it? Think I might have to talk to my lawyer?

We shall see.

I know I am not the only one that despises people that do this kind of thing. There are plenty of groups and blogs about this. If it isn't removed I am willing to discuss this problem openly with others to share tactics, thoughts and how to handle it when it arises.

Its time to stop rude annoying unthoughtful idiotic thieves!! Don't you agree!!


EDIT::: Picture was not removed so complaint was filed with LL. Lets see if LL can get of their ass's and take control.

1 Response to "Copyright Infringment. It happened to me!"

Post a Comment